The schools have sent out a message the schools are closed due to the expected storm conditions tomorrow. A similar message has been posted to the website.
Earlier in the week in anticipation of problems, PECO also sent out an email,
If your lights go out, we offer several ways for your to report your outage. Save these links now so they are quickly and easily accessible if you need them.
- Download our PECO mobile app to quickly report an outage from a mobile device. The app will also provide notifications as the outage status is updated.
- Utilize our two-way texting program for reporting an outage and receiving updates. By texting “ADDOUTAGE” to MYPECO (697326), customers can enroll in the program, report outages and check the status of their outage through text. To use this service a customer’s mobile number must be registered with their account.
- Report an outage online, including on a smart phone or tablet, by providing the account or phone number.
- Use our interactive outage map to report an outage and for the most up-to-date outage information.
- Call us directly at 1-800-841-4141 to report an outage or natural gas emergency.
- If you smell natural gas or see downed power lines, leave the area immediately and call 1-800-841-4141. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There’s currently not any snow accumulation predicted, but nighttime wind chills may reach -9 F with winds up to 45 mph during Friday. Given that there was already little point to a half day just before the holiday at the schools, this seems like a good call. Stay safe.