Mental Health Resource Night
WSSD has three school events this week. Tonight (March 7th), is Mental Health Resource Night from 6;30 – 8:30 at the SHMS auditorium. From the flier, it looks like there will be resource tables as well as presentations for both students and parents/guardians:
- Nuturing Your Heart, Self-Care for Teens (grades 8-12 students)
- Supporting LGBTQIA+ Youth (students and parents/guardians)
- Smoking, Vaping, Marijuana and Nicotine: Start to Cessation (parents/guardians)
- Setting Boundaries for Screen Time and Social Media (parents/guardians)
- Caron Foundation Drug and Alcohol Prevention (grades 8-12 parents/guardians)
- Developing a Systemic Plan for Supporting Students (and parents and teams) Who Struggle with School Refusal (parent/guardians)
- CBT Center for Anxiety Related to ADHD (K-8 parent/guardian)
It feels like I’m less aware of events like this now that we don’t get any fliers home with the children – Peachjar is just another email in my overflowing inbox. I looked at the last few emails I got from the NPE PTO and SHMS PTO, and it doesn’t look like this event got much emphasis in their emails, so maybe that’s why I missed it.
SRS Is Hosting International Night
One change to the district this year is that events at the elementary schools have been opened up to the broader district. SRS is hosting its International Night at SRS this Thursday, March 9th from 6 – 8 pm for everyone in the district. There will be foods, crafts, music, games, stories, foreign languages and more from over 24 countries.
SHHS is presenting Grease. Opening weekend was last weekend, but there are three more shows this coming weekend on March 10th and 11th at 7:30 pm and March 12th at 2 pm. Oddly, the flier doesn’t state where it is (presumably at SHHS), but tickets are available at the door, $5/students and seniors and $10/adults.